Do you believe that if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right?
Are you the kind of person that feels a great sense of accomplishment by crossing off to-dos on your list?
Do you love interacting with people and making them feel valued and comfortable?
Could you see yourself being the person who makes sure that our doctors and technicians have the help they need in order to give our patients excellent loving care?
Do you embrace your curiosity and have a love of learning?
At Elon Oaks Veterinary Hospital, we want to create a better quality of life for pets and the people who love them, so we are looking for talented team members who really love people as much as they love pets! Your job will be to make sure that our doctor’s notes and recommendations are recorded, so that pet owners receive clear documentation that helps them understand exactly what their pet is going through and what they need. If you’re a sponge for knowledge, you will be learning every day through listening to your team and hearing their recommendations to our clients while helping enter that information into medical records! Using TeleVet to prepare the history for exams and go over invoices, you will make connections with our clients, helping them understand the personalized care we provide their pets. Clear, effective communication is so important in our practice, and a big part of your significant role is to make sure that our clients receive the information they need to provide well for their best friends! You will get to learn and be inspired by our registered veterinary technicians as they teach you to restrain patients using Fear Free methods, how to set up laboratory tests, and fill prescriptions.
This position is for someone who takes pride in attention to detail and efficiency, is not afraid of hard work, and enjoys interacting with new people. You must be highly skilled at typing, spelling, listening, and following through on assigned duties in an efficient manner. Veterinary field experience is not required, but safe animal handling is a required part of the job. You will need to feel comfortable interacting with people, cats, and dogs of all sizes and breeds in this position. We also occasionally see small exotics, including reptiles, small mammals, and birds.
What We Have For You
- A chance to learn from our fun and really talented team members
- A lunch break (yep, we’ll make sure you take it!)
- Weekly staff training sessions (we believe learning is the path to greatness!)
- Pet care discounts
- Additional benefits are being currently negotiated! Possible options may include health insurance, pet insurance, dental/vision, retirement accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off
What You Need
- Passion for the veterinary medical profession—we want you to come excited to work and learn!
- Problem-solving skills
- Commitment to do the tasks assigned to you well—whole-way, not half-way
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Commitment to learning and growing
- Excellent client service—we love our clients and spend plenty of time interacting with them virtually and on the phone
- Comfort with technology and using technology to communicate—we use multiple apps, websites, and programs to serve our clients, team, and patients!
- High-quality work
- Compassionate patient care
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit
- Positive attitude
What You’ll Enjoy Doing In Your Role
- Patient admission – bringing pets safely into the building for examination and getting clients set up to chat virtually
- Filling prescriptions
- Accurately maintaining medical records and entering charges as dictated by doctors and technicians
- Setting up cytologies and in-house blood tests
- Growing your skills
- Portraying confidence and value in our patient care to our clients
- Following COVID safety and cleaning protocols