Client Relations Specialist
Do you love interacting with people and making them feel valued and comfortable?
Do complete and accurate medical records make you giddy?
Are you the kind of person that feels a great sense of accomplishment by crossing off to-dos on your list?
Do you believe that if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right?
Do you embrace your curiosity and have a love of learning?
At Elon Oaks Veterinary Hospital, we want to create a better quality of life for pets and the people who love them, so we are looking for talented team members who really love people as much as they love pets! Your job will be to serve as our clients’ first contact and impression of the practice. This is a big responsibility! You will have the privilege of setting the tone for their entire interaction. You will be communicating clearly with our clients through multiple methods, including telephone, email, app messaging, and in person. We rely heavily on technology to optimize the veterinary medical experience at our clinic, and we expect our team members to fully embrace these tools.
This position is for someone who takes pride in attention to detail and efficiency, is not afraid of hard work, and enjoys interacting with new people. You must be highly skilled at typing, spelling, listening, and following through on assigned duties in an efficient manner. Veterinary field experience is not required, but safe animal handling is a required part of the job. You will need to feel comfortable interacting with people, cats, and dogs of all sizes and breeds in this position. We also occasionally see small exotics, including reptiles, small mammals, and birds.
What We Have For You
- A chance to learn from our fun and really talented team members
- A lunch break (yep, we’ll make sure you take it!)
- Weekly staff training sessions (we believe learning is the path to greatness!)
- Pet care discounts
- Additional benefits are currently being negotiated! Possible options may include health insurance, pet insurance, dental/vision, retirement accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off
What You Need
- Passion for the veterinary medical profession—we want you to come excited to work and learn!
- Problem-solving skills
- Commitment to do the tasks assigned to you well—whole-way, not half-way
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Commitment to learning and growing
- Excellent client service—we love our clients and spend plenty of time interacting with them virtually and on the phone
- Comfort with technology and using technology to communicate—we use multiple apps, websites, and programs to serve our clients, team, and patients!
- High-quality work
- Compassionate patient care
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit
- Positive attitude
What You’ll Enjoy Doing In Your Role
- Being the first team member to introduce our clients to our practice
- Radiating compassion, patience, and helpfulness in every interaction
- Portraying confidence and value in our patient care to our clients
- Accurately triaging the urgency of incoming client requests
- Scheduling appointments and entering patient, client, and financial data into our electronic medical record
- Accurately and efficiently processing client payments
- Coordinating with clients and other veterinary clinics to obtain past medical records
- Following COVID safety and cleaning protocols