Registered Veterinary Technician
Is vet teching a game that you win by being one step ahead of the doctor, patient, and client needs?
Is the reason that you love veterinary medicine the fact that no two days are alike—you actually enjoy rolling with the punches?
Do you view the hissing cat, the on-guard German Shepherd, and the wiggly Doodle pup each as individuals with a story to be understood? Can you find a way to make each of those pets more comfortable and their owners less anxious?
Are you the kind of person that feels a great sense of accomplishment by finishing a task list before the end of your shift?
Do you love choreographing patients’ care and workflow to make the most of a day?
At Elon Oaks Veterinary Hospital, we are growing, and we are looking for magical veterinary professionals like you! We want you by our doctor’s side, keeping our patients safe, comfortable, and loved. We want you to care for patients and their owners while having fun amongst our team and getting to go home on time! Our appointment schedule and format allow us to give care fairly to our patients while considering the importance of your life “after hours.” At Elon Oaks Veterinary Hospital, the fairness, honesty, and kindness that we show our clients is reflected back to our team, and you will find yourself developing great relationships with our amazing clients. We can’t wait for you to see how rewarding it is to work in a Fear Free-based, staff wellness-centered, unique practice where we value that people matter as much as pets!
This position is for a registered veterinary technician who truly understands that they are a voice for the patient, the client, and the doctor team. Our clients quickly bond with and trust our technicians while our doctors highly value your skills and knowledge. In this position, you will be responsible for patient care, client communication, laboratory testing, and tech appointments (both curbside and virtual). Our technicians get to do what they love and love what they do!
What We Have For You
- A chance to learn from our fun and really talented team members
- A lunch break (yep, we’ll make sure you take it!)
- Weekly staff training sessions (we believe learning is the path to greatness!)
- Pet care discounts
- Additional benefits are being currently negotiated! Possible options may include health insurance, pet insurance, dental/vision, retirement accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off
What You Need
- Passion for the veterinary medical profession – we want you to come excited to work and learn!
- Credentialing as a veterinary technician in North Carolina or credentialing in another state with eligibility for credentialing in North Carolina
- Problem-solving skills
- Commitment to do the tasks assigned to you well – whole-way, not half-way
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Commitment to learning and growing
- Excellent client service – we love our clients and spend plenty of time interacting with them virtually and on the phone
- Comfort with technology and using technology to communicate – we use multiple apps, websites, and programs to serve our clients, team, and patients!
- High-quality work
- Compassionate patient care
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit
- Positive attitude
What You’ll Enjoy Doing In Your Role
- Patient admission – helping clients understand what their pet will experience during the day and portraying the value of our services
- Monitoring and managing pets under anesthesia
- Handling patients in a Fear Free manner – being an advocate for both pain and anxiety control for your patients
- Patient care (from IVC placement to recovery monitoring)
- Reviewing and filling prescription refill requests
- Accurately maintaining medical records and entering charges
- Taking X-rays, reading cytologies, performing cystocentesis
- Performing in house laboratory diagnostics
- Growing your skills
- Following COVID safety and cleaning protocols